Book: Where Treasure Hides by Johnnie Alexandercategories: Book, Christian, Historical Romance, Inspirational Fiction, World War II, Art Theft, WWII, Prisoner of War, POW, Faith-Filled Fiction, European History, Historical Fiction
Johnnie Alexanderabout this book: I became fascinated with World War II history when I learned that German POW camps were located in the United States. As I delved into more history, I watched a fascinating documentary called The Rape of Europa about the Nazi looting of art. Soon I was reading everything I could find about art being hidden and protected, confiscated, stolen, and even forged.
Where Treasure Hides is the story of a Dutch-American artist, the descendant of a long line of artists, who cares deeply about protecting Holland's cultural treasures and especially her estranged father's greatest masterpiece. Before the war begins, she meets a British officer who has come to the rescue of a young Kindertransport boy at Waterloo Station, London.
Separated by the circumstances of war, their unusual love story has readers staying up until the wee hours of the morning to reach the end.
• "Wow, I'm so tired this morning but I just had to finish this book before I went to sleep last night. . . . I cared about the characters so much my heart ached at times." — Michelle Sutton, reviewer
• "The twists and turn in the plot kept me reading until the final pages. The author does a great job of capturing the intrigue and danger of the times." — Ann E., reviewer
• 4 Stars from Romantic Times: "A beautifully written story with amazing characters who are determined to keep themselves and others safe from thieves and the fallout of war."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: A Master Passion, the story of Elizabeth and Alexander Hamilton by Juliet Vandiver Waldron|
• Book Review: Ever the Patriot - Recollections of Vincent J. Riccio, World War II Veteran and POW by Candace Riccio Salem|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.