Book: César (The Demon Lover's Chronicles Book 1) by Julian M. Colemancategories: Book, Horror, Dark Places, Darkness, Brutal, Sweet Evil, Transcending, Evil Never Dies, Evil Games, Demon Accords, Kidnapping, Fearless, Vampire, Romantic Love, Gothic Tale
Julian M. Colemanabout this book: I wanted to write a vampire book. I've always enjoyed the genre but I wanted to do something a little different. I started my saga by making the main character, César, more than a hunky vampire. My primary challenge was to make him so evil that hatred was a gut reaction. Yet, I wanted my readers to care about him. I succeeded, I think, because love has a way of making even a vengeful demon vulnerable.
Love also describes the relationship between the Thrust sisters, Angelina and Rachel. Rachel summons the dark magic to infect her younger sister. The irony is that she had fought against the practice her entire life. In fact, their mother had been murdered because she too had refused to indulge. Still, Rachel easily called up the magic rather than surrender Angelina to an inevitable death. Rachel's tragic solution transforms Angelina into a zombie/vampire/priestess hybrid.
In essence, yes this may be a vampire story but at the core of my Gothic tale is family and romantic love.
• "Coleman's writing is melodious, rhythmic, and lyrical. César could join the ranks of Bram Stoker's Dracula, Stephen King's Salem's Lot, Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, and John Ajvide Lindqvist's Let the Right One In." — Lee Gooden, Foreword Clarion Reviews.
• "This is a love story not a sex story. I thought it was well written with a good plot and enough scary to bother me after I finished the book." — Tovia-Tov
• "Vampire books are so often repetitious and predictable. This book was exciting." — Shadowwings
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Julian M. Coleman
Video 1: The Cesar Trilogy
Video 2: Indie Authors Need Reviews to Survive
• Book Review: César's Revenge (The Demon Lover's Chronicles Book 2) by Julian M. Coleman|
• Book Review: Rise of the Priestess (The Demon Lover's Chronicles Book 3) by Julian M. Coleman|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.