Book: Worth Keeping by Susan Mac Nicolcategories: Book, Self Harm, Child Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Contemporary, Erotic, Lighthouse, England, Gay Male Romance
Susan Mac Nicolabout this book: I seem to have a theme with my books. According to one blogger, I write 'dark and twisted romance' with damaged souls and love stories that take a person beyond the edge of calm to a place deep in the recesses of the mind. I rather like that description about my writing.
Worth Keeping is no exception. Nick Mathers and Owen Butler meet in circumstances not usual to the start of a romance novel -with both of them intent on killing themselves. Nick has suffered great trauma in his life and although he's learnt to live with it, he has days during the angry storms of the wild Norfolk coast, when he just wants to end it all. And then he sees a body on the shoreline, barely moving and his innate goodness kicks in. He dashes down to find the half drowned figure of Owen Mathers on the beach. Nick gets him home to the warmth of the lighthouse he lives in, and from that point on, his life will never be the same again ...
Owen turns Nick's life upside down as Owen himself learns to accept what he himself has been through and decide that he wants to live so that Nick may heal too. Owen gives himself unconditionally to Nick and the scene is set for a tempestuous love affair that in its passion, begins to make both men aware that life can be worth living and that Nick himself is indeed 'Worth Keeping'.
• 'It is a beautiful story of survival. It is a story of two men who fought for their lives and there are times they can trip and fall, but somehow they do manage to pick themselves up and face life. Embrace it. Enjoy it. Love it.' — Johanna
• 'Worth Keeping has an element of suspense and the villain of this novel is bad enough to make the reader's skin crawl! Susan Mac Nicol brings the story to a fantastic climatic ending and I am holding my breath for her next release!' — Kirsty Vizard
• 'What a great book. Had all the elements that I like in a great read. Strong characters that you either really loved or hated. A great read that is going on my re-read shelf.' — BruceD
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Susan Mac Nicol (more)
Video 1: Worth Keeping by Susan Mac Nicol
Video 2: Worth Keeping - second book trailer
• Book Review: Saving Alexander by Susan Mac Nicol|
• Book Review: We Survived Sexual Abuse! You Can Too! by Pamela K Orgeron|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.