Book: Forgiveness in Recovery by Ken Montrosecategories: Book, Addiction, Recovery, Self-Help, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Forgiveness
Ken Montroseabout this book: Written for people new to recovery, this workbook helps the reader develop a realistic outlook on forgiveness. Basic, and sometimes difficult, truths discussed in Forgiveness include:
• The people we hope will forgive us don’t have to. They get to set their own criteria for forgiveness. We don't get to set terms for their forgiveness.
• Seeing the other person’s point of view isn’t always easy. We may not understand their experiences and expectations.
• Our point of view may not be easy for them to see. They may not understand our experiences and expectations.
• We do well to practice the AA slogan “clean your side of the street.” We cannot control how others react to changes in our outlook and behavior.
• Forgiveness is a wonderful gift, but one we may have to give judiciously. We may not want to forgive someone who shows no remorse and continues to do things that hurt us.
• Part of recovery is learning to forgive ourselves, once we’ve put up ‘roadblocks’ to repeating past behavior.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Ken Montrose (more)
• Book Review: My Plan to Ruin Your Life - The first workbook written by your addiction by Ken Montrose|
• Book Review: Hauling it to the Curb - Cleaning up your life in early recovery by Ken Montrose|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.