Book: Helga - Out of Hedgelands (Wood Cow Chronicles) by Rick Johnsoncategories: Book, Teens, Young Adult, Middle Grade, Dragons, Adventure, Animals, Quest, Epic, Fantasy
Rick Johnsonabout this book: For untold ages, the Forever End has been the end of the world. Impenetrable. Final. The point beyond which there is no passing. But when Helga, a young carpenter’s apprentice, escapes beyond the End while fleeing Wrackshee slavers, her flight unleashes a chain of events that turns age-old worlds on their head. Not until the Forever End is passed can the age-old divisions be healed.
Rick Johnson’s slightly skewed reality brings readers another mind-bending, genre-busting adventure. Fantastic and quirky, exhilarating and addicting, this entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end. Ridiculous, but deadly serious. Hits you hard in the funnies, while turning your mind inside out.
• "A great read for young readers, with all of the drama and suspense of the best of the Harry Potter books. And like the Harry Potter books, adults will enjoy this book immensely."
• "This book is in the category of children’s literature, but in my book it goes way beyond that—to literature. If anything it reminds me of “The Hobbit”..."
• "Rarely do you find a writer who can weave such a rich tapestry with words and imagination!"
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Helga - Out of Hedgelands by Rick Johnson
• Book Review: Trusted - Dragons' Trust Book 1 by Krista Wayment|
• Book Review: Kai's Journey - The New World Chronicles (The Kai and Clover Series) by Wendy and Charles Siefken|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.