Book: I'll Be Looking at the Moon - A novel about finding Home by Lucia Barrettcategories: Book, Contemporary Romance, Chicklit, Women's Literature, Surviving Abuse, French Riviera, Adventure, Pregnant and Alone, Physical Abuse, Family Saga
Lucia Barrettabout this book: A troubled family saga that begins in New England and ends with a love affair on the French Riviera. Elizabeth Morgan suffers great childhood damage at the hands of her brutish father and deranged mother. With her brother/protector's help she seems to escape that life and to start anew in France. But has she?
• "[Barrett is] a highly descriptive writer who paints lovely pictures of cobblestone streets, sun-dazzled plazas, and intimate cafes. [The story is] a welcome contrast to the sexist, demeaning attitudes that defined Elizabeth's childhood and a satisfying victory for a protagonist who broke a cycle of abuse and unhappiness."
— Kirkus Reviews
• "As [Elizabeth] makes a life in Lyon, France, she meets, and falls in love with, restaurateur Antonio who it turns out has a shady past. A past that threatens their love and Elizabeth's life which causes her to return to the states with a secret."
—Seattle Book Review, Star Rating: 5 / 5
• "Author Lucia Barrett has created a moving story of life, loss, love and rediscovery in her novel I'll Be Looking At The Moon that is sure to touch the hearts of all readers".
— San Francisco Book Review, Star Rating: 5 / 5
• "Actually, if this story were expanded to include a few other story lines (which the supporting characters could easily provide), and told episodically, it would make a terrific soap opera in the classic Dynasty or Dallas style, dysfunctional family, romantic Mediterranean lover, and all."
— Indie Reader Review
• "I'll Be Looking At The Moon is a novel with such beautifully vivid writing that readers can close their eyes and picture every scene. Barrett's attention to detail, combined with a story full of so many different emotions, will draw readers in and keep them hooked until the very last page."
— Manhattan Book Review
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: I'll Be Looking at the Moon - A novel about finding Home by Lucia Barrett
• Book Review: A Mother's Courage - Saving Your Children from the Trauma of Abuse in the Home by Suzy Milhoan|
• Book Review: The Fall Of The French Letter King (The 'French Letter' trilogy Book 3) by Thea Hartley|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.