Book: Muses and Meanderings by May J. Panayicategories: Book, Comic Skits, Cats, Articles, Travel, Philosophy, Religion, Computers, Madness, Dip in, Non Fiction, Variety, Essays
May J. Panayiabout this book: This is a non fiction book of collected essays and articles. It covers such diverse subjects as madness and philosophy, religion, computers, cats, historic sites in England, and even has a short collection of comedic sketches. It is the kind of book you leave on the shelf in the bathroom and dip into it when you have a free moment. You will certainly emerge with a new and interesting topic of conversation. It may even change the way you look at, and think about things.
Extracts from reviews;
• Rose G: Chapter 2, the Humor section, could have been co-written by David Sedaris and Lewis Carroll. This book will leave a lasting impression on my way of seeing the world.
• MK: And there's no point reading a book like this unless in the spirit of open-mindedness and a willingness to think. The style ranges from thoughtful to challenging to the occasional (very funny and well measured) rant.
• Bookworm: The author takes some very unusual approaches in her musings, quoting philosophers from Plato to modern day scientists to back up her thoughts and reflections. If you like quirky newspaper columns and are prepared to follow the author on some untrodden terrain, this will definitely provide some delightful and enlightening moments.
• S.R: This book was just a delight to read. There's something for everyone ... from cats to mental health!
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by May J. Panayi (more)
• Book Review: The Chalk Circle - Intercultural Prizewinning Essays by Tara Lynn Masih|
• Book Review: Motions and Moments - More Essays on Tokyo by Michael Pronko|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.