Book: Winning Sadie (Simon in Charge Book 2) by Libby Campbellcategories: Book, Romance, Erotica, BDSM, Spanking, Alpha Hero, Billionaire Romance, Dominance and Discipline, HEA, Erotic Romance
Libby Campbellabout this book: Sexy and smart, Sadie Donohue is totally smitten with the gorgeous, uber-rich Simon Jacobson. Luckily, he thinks she's the perfect woman to be his wife. In fact, they've just announced their engagement to the world.
She's blue collar, he's Saville Row and so far this hasn't been a problem. Still, Sadie was raised to fend for herself and bow down to no one, especially a man. Since meeting Simon, everything her liberated, independent mother taught her has flown out the window. Now Sadie is regularly over Simon's knee for being her sassy, strong-willed self. And she loves it!
As the owner of a multinational corporation Simon is used to giving orders and getting what he wants. His life revolves around making millions and socializing with people whose flamboyant wealth intimidates Sadie. Still, she's thrown into the deep end and told not to do anything to embarrass Simon. Or else!
At their lavish engagement party, Sadie's hears her mother's voice echoing in her head, reminding her that she will never fit in. Best intentions aside, Sadie will always be an embarrassment to Simon.
Simon is in charge and he has other ideas. But an emergency sends Sadie back home, under her mother's influence again. Will her mother's disapproval be the undoing of a match made in heaven? Can Sadie reconcile her past with her future?
This love story includes spanking an adult woman, explicit sex scenes and more. If such material offends you, please do not read this book.
Winning Sadie is book 2 in the Simon in Charge series but also can be read as a standalone novel. Readers who enjoy protective alpha males and the strong women they share their lives with enjoy the light, often humorous pace.
Building more on Simon's rarefied world of wealth and privilege meant further research in the luxury lives of the uber wealthy. I read articles about GuoPei and her fantastic haute couture creations, the Golden Generation (The New Yorker February 22, 2016) and many other related stories about how the lives of the rich and famous differ from most people's. I researched the flavours of champagne, where the best men's suits are made and Porches.
On the more prosaic side, because of the accident that takes Sadie back to Montreal, I researched concussions, stroke, side impact injuries and whiplash. I studied vintage cars to the point where I can identify a 1972 Lincoln Continental on sight. In respect to Simon's business opportunities, I looked at systems that convert waste into energy and what the investment climate was like in Bulgaria.
I hope anyone who reads this book will smile more than once and enjoy the playful energy between Simon and Sadie.
As a writer of erotic romance, the hardest part of doing research is finding people who will answer direct questions without wanting to know the name of my book and when it might be released. Fortunately I have two mainstream books out and can vaguely allude to that part of my life when people ask, "What's your book about?"
• “…if you enjoy reading books with domestic discipline and a HEA, then you should really check this one out.” — Crystal's Many Reviewers
• “I very much enjoyed reading Winning Sadie. It was well written, had a "can't put it down" plot, and I loved the characters. Libby Campbell did an amazing job of entertaining me with this book and I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm not going to spoil it for you by adding to the author's introduction. I'd just do as Simon Says.”
• “Both Simon and Sadie go through a lot of growth in this story, which is a page-turner with a fantastic subplot in addition to the romance story between them. This book easily stands alone, but the first book sets it up wonderfully. Loved it!”
• “This story has a different plot that's been well planned out. All the characters are well developed and act like real people. If you’re looking for an interesting read with likeable characters you'll enjoy this one.”
• ”Their vulnerability is raw at times and the plot is emotional, but is lightened by humor and the knowledge that their love is true. I'm looking forward to the next book.”
• “If you liked ‘Fifty Shades,’ you will worship ‘Winning Sadie.’ Libby Campbell has a powerful writing style that triggers all the emotions and sucks you right into the story from beginning to end. An excellent and satisfying read.”
• “Action packed romance filled story This is a must read if you like your heroines feisty sweet and strong and your Hero's strong Alpha males who know how to love their woman and how to take them in hand when need then you don't want to miss this story,”
• “Ms Campbell has set the bar very high with this one folks! This story has our girl working for the domineering man as we all love to see. Of course he rarely allows her any leeway when it comes to her smart mouth or sassy ways that always land her in her favorite position! But will she be able to get her past and her present reconciled in her own mind at least before the wolves that are circling to destroy what they are both working so hard to build together? This is a must read and a get comfortable because you won't want to put it down once you start!”
• “Will life with Simon become more than Sadie can handle? These two will have to learn that marriage and relationships involve give and take from both people. Simon and all his rules may need some updating. Secrets will be revealed, but with love, nothing is too much for them to handle. “Only he and his stern discipline made me feel so protected.”
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Libby Campbell
• Book Review: Sadie Says I Do (Simon in Charge Book 3) by Libby Campbell|
• Book Review: Simon Says (Simon in Charge Book 1) by Libby Campbell|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.