Book: Blood & Soul - Creed of Kings Saga - Book One by Allen G. Bagbycategories: Book, Coming of Age, Heroic Quest, Sword and Sorcery, Strong Women, Myths, Legends, Warfare, Gods, Goddess, Battle, Romance, Epic Fantasy
Allen G. Bagbyabout this book: If you are not chosen, you must still face the future.
This truly epic fantasy begins with action and never lets up. From humble, unassuming human emotions through world-changing, apocalyptic struggles. This story is a roller-coaster of strife and solutions, with insurmountable odds being faced with perseverance and ingenuity.
Fans of the genre will love the fantastic and original world. The story transcends genre fiction, facing issues relevant (and important) to all human experience. A thoroughly-considered setting goes a long way, and this book contains history, geography, politics, religions, commerce and culture—all diverse.
Blood & Soul is a coming of age, action-packed fantasy about the bastard prince Ledarrin who lives in the shadows of a dynasty but the king chooses him to assume the throne. Ledarrin refuses.
His pureblood brother learns of the outrageous choice and goes on a murderous rampage to secure the birthright. But his brother is a demon lord's puppet with plans to curse the world into death and darkness upon the sacrifice of the king.
Ledarrin must find the Creed of Kings, scrolls holding the knowledge to stop the destruction, and he must face his half-brother but first he must face demons of his own when his true identity is discovered he must make the choice between blood—or soul.
The story is also full of strong female characters. A girl's good intentions are used by the high priestess to aide in sacrificial atrocities. Redemption may come as she shoulders the burden of a boy child across a wilderness. In him she sees her lost innocence and she will protect him with her life. Her life intertwines with Ledarrin and his mission as she also pursues justice only she can fully understand.
What Readers Are Saying:
• Thought provoking tale held me captive and refuse to release me until I made it to the last page! — Lacy Macency
• Invigorating in its uniqueness. Absolutely worth your time! — Amazon Customer
• Hold on for the ride, this roller coaster will take you on some twists and turns! The emotional energy is fun and makes this hard to put down. — Sherry Goplin
• Action, intrigue, betrayal, magic - but with a fresh spin. If you like fantasy, or just good books in general do yourself a favor and give this one a try. — Tim Akin
• Ledarrin is a hero like none other and the other supporting characters are like none other. I cannot wait for book two. — Wyndi Veigal
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video 1: Blood & Soul - Creed of Kings Saga - Book One by Allen G. Bagby
Video 2: Blood & Soul - A second book trailer
• Book Review: Looking for Dei by David A. Willson|
• Book Review: Legends of Windemere Fantasy Series Bundle #1 (Books 1-3) by Charles E. Yallowitz|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.