Book: The Bulls of War (Chronicles of the Andervold Thrones Book I) by E.M. Thomascategories: Book, Battles, War, Historical Fiction, Game of Thrones, Lord of Rings, Ancient Rome, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, Joe Abercrombie, Steven Erikson, Tad Williams, Epic Fantasy
E.M. Thomasabout this book: The Bulls of War is an epic fantasy written by a passionate amateur historian and lover of big, complex tales. At bottom, it's a story of two friends who find themselves on opposing sides of a civil war and how polar forces are both pulling them apart and pushing them together in ways they can't imagine. For a comparison to contemporary fantasy, I characterize it as Game of Thrones with an Imperial Roman twist.
The Bulls of War has reached the Top 10 in select Amazon categories and Top 100 in others; overall, it has been very well-received by Amazon's readership thus far, averaging 4.5/5.0. Just some of this praise follows:
• "This epic novel is the stuff of dreams of past times and Thomas delivers it in a realistic, raw, grand manner."
• "At times we get lost in the names and places – but try watching Game of Thrones: Thomas' tale makes more sense, is easier to follow, and has more inherent depth."
• "The characters were deep and well written."
• "He has created an entire world on the scale of George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones."
• "The Bulls of War is an intense book based on war. In fact the war scene dominates everything else and so a person must be prepared for it before buying the book."
• "I can't wait to read the next instalment of this gripping saga."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Missing - The Sanders Saga by Suzanne D Williams|
• Book Review: Kings of Qapra (The Seventh Age Book 1) by R. S. Embach|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.