Book: The Frugal Editor - Do-It-Yourself Editing Secrets, from your query letters to final manuscript to the marketing of your new bestseller by Carolyn Howard-Johnsoncategories: Book, Query Letters, Getting an Agent, Getting a Publisher, Book Formatting, Grammar, Finding an Editor, Wordiness, Word Trippers, Political Correctness, Editing with Word, E-Book Formatting, Editing
Carolyn Howard-Johnsonabout this book: I love my The Frugal Editor because I know how it can help authors. Editing is a heck of a lot more than proofreading and grammar, so when an author gets their query letter right, they're more likely to find the right agent, the right publisher or snag down great interviews and feature stories. And that's just the beginning of what it can do for you.
Quote from The Frugal Editor: "Language is a fluid lifeform. To assume that because we once learned grammar one way, it will always be accepted is fallacious. To neglect researching the language we write in when we so assiduously research the facts for what we write is folly."
And here are a couple endorsements--because I think letting others speak to the value of something always carries more cache than when we authors do it for ourselves.
• "Absolutely essential for beginning writers and a necessary reminder for the more advanced. The mentor you've been looking for. This book won't collect dust!" — Christina Francine, review for Fjords Review
• "Using the basic computer and editing tricks from The Frugal Editor, authors can prevent headaches and save themselves time—and even money—during the editing process. It's well worth your effort to learn them." — Barbara McNichol, Barbara McNichol Editorial
• "Writers and editors have a true friend in Carolyn Howard-Johnson. Her word smarts, her publishing savvy, and her sincere commitment to authors and editors make The Frugal Editor a must-have resource." — June Casagrande, author of The Best Punctuation Book, Period and Grammar Snobs Are Great Big Meanies (Penguin)
PS: The Frugal Editor is in its second edition as an e-book. (The paper 2nd edition is coming!) And it is a multi award winner--both the first edition and the second.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Carolyn Howard-Johnson (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Great Little Last-Minute Editing Tips for Writers - The Ultimate Frugal Booklet for Avoiding Word Trippers ...|
• Book Review: The Word-Loss Diet (Writing Craft) by Rayne Hall|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.