Book: Where The Wildflowers Grow by Vera Jane Cookcategories: Book, 1960s, Southern Fiction, Saga, Georgia, Lesbian, Infidelity, Womens Fiction, Incest, Murder, Contemporary, Historic, Drama
Vera Jane Cookabout this book: It's the 1960s in a small Georgia town and Rose Cassidy, married with two children, is having fantasies about the new woman in her book club. Her daughter is having her first sexual encounter with a boy that just might share her blood, her son just might have killed his sister's lover and her husband has multiple affairs, but this time, he just might be in love. Here's what ForeWord Clarion Review had to say:
• "Like an engaging daytime drama, Cook's story runs on passion and scandal from the very first pages straight through to the whirlwind ending."
• "Where the Wildflowers Grow will appeal to readers who want a fast-paced page-turner with new revelations on every page."
And a few quotes from Amazon.com reviews:
• "On a scale of one to five I would easily give this book a six because it's just that good!"
• "This story captured my interest from the very first chapter to the very last words of the last chapter. It flows well, moves along quickly and is a very well written piece of work."
• "This book is absolutely gripping. Right from the start you get caught up in this southern saga. This book is so well written with its great character development and excellent descriptions - you almost feel like you are watching a movie, but you might want to close your eyes to parts of it!"
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Vera Jane Cook
• Book Review: The Story of Sassy Sweetwater by Vera Jane Cook|
• Book Review: Dancing Backward in Paradise by Vera Jane Cook|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.