Book: Survival of the Fittest by Robin Hawdoncategories: Book, Spy Thriller, Science, Evolution, Historical, Darwin, Philosophical, Literary Novel, Detective
Robin Hawdonabout this book: A modern detective story, a historical portrayal of the struggles of one of the world's greatest scientists, and a World War II espionage account, all in one novel. The contemporary search for a secret paper written by Charles Darwin, in which he explains in depth his thoughts about the existence of God and the origins of evil, which he did not dare to publish in his lifetime because its contentious nature. An eccentric London book seller is hired by an American billionaire to find this hugely valuable document, which leads the book man on a tortuous, revelatory, and sometimes dangerous journey around remote corners of London and rural England. The book also reveals life within the extraordinary Darwin household through Emma Darwin's secret journal, and also the story of Klaus Fuchs, the most successful atom spy of World War II, which had a bizarre influence on the search.
Extracts from the 5 star Amazon reviews:
• "Brilliantly written, extensively researched, it goes deep into the doubts and motivations that eventually lead Charles Darwin to a final decision."
• "...defies precise categorisation: history, thriller and philosophical study, managing to handle the three different genres with exciting and absorbing result."
• "Robin Hawdon is a great descriptive writer and his skill as playwright makes his characters alive and fascinating..."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Robin Hawdon
• Book Review: Genteel Secrets by S. R. Mallery|
• Book Review: Daring Passage - Book Two of the Spirited Away Saga by Maggie Plummer|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.