Book: Goodnight Irene by James Scott Byrnsidecategories: Book, Mystery, Locked-Room Mystery, Murder Mystery, Whodunit, Impossible Crime, Detective Fiction
James Scott Byrnsideabout this book: Goodnight Irene is an impossible-crime murder mystery, perfect for lovers of whodunits and Golden Age of Detection fiction. It's 1927, and detective Rowan Manory travels to Mississippi to solve the most baffling case of his career. His client, Robert Lasciva, has received a threatening letter, promising murder at his 55th birthday party. While Manory deals with the suspects, The Great Mississippi Flood is ravaging the landscape outside Lasciva's remote mansion.
A lifelong love of murder mysteries (Christiana Brand, Agatha Christie, John Dickson Carr) led me to pen one of my own. My second will be published in June. Goodnight Irene was a blast to research and write. Setting the story in the past is a fantastic way to avoid forensics and concentrate on psychological clues.
The reviews have been fantastic.
• "One of the best impossible crime novels of 2018." — theinvisibleevent.com
• "It's gratifying to read a modern author who truly gets the genre and applies it with some expertise." — ahsweetmysteryblog.wordpress.com
• "Reminiscent of Agatha Christie at her most devious." — onlinebookclub.org
• "An ambitiously written, intricately plotted detective novel." — moonlight-detective.blogspot.com
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by James Scott Byrnside
• Book Review: The Strange Case of the Barrington Hills Vampire - An Impossible-crime Murder Mystery by James Scott ...|
• Book Review: Suspects & Sleuth's Murder Mystery Design Guide - A Guide to Creating, Writing, and Hosting your own ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.