Book: Managing Authentic Relationships - Facing New Challenges in a Changing Contextcategories: Book, Networking, Business, Stakeholder, How To, Network, Relationships, CRM, Customer Relationship Management
Jean Paul Wijersabout this book: In an increasingly connected world, Strategic Relationship Management is a vital capability for successful organizations. The book Managing Authentic Relationships; Facing New Challenges in a Changing Context focuses on building and managing a strong network and reciprocal relationships for the entire organization by implementing a professional relationship management approach at strategic, tactical and operational level.
Professional relationship management makes valuable and measurable contributions to the strategic goals of an organization by:
• Expanding the organization's strategy to a Relationship Management Strategy.
• Efficiently managing relationships and correctly mapping stakeholders.
• Embedding clear responsibility for relationship management throughout the organization.
• Measuring results and calculating the Return-on-Relationship.
• Developing strong networking skills and networkers who are able to act as eyes and ears for the organization.
• Organizing effective networking activities with measurable results.
This book also offers a holistic view. Managing authentic relationships requires a shared understanding of what relationships are. It is impossible to develop succesful relationship management without authentic relationships based on trust and reciprocity.
• "This book on Strategic Relationship Management is mandatory literature for all who want to constructively build a world based on sustainable mutual benefits, where commerce blossoms and peace prevails." — Dick Berlijn, former Commander in Chief of the Dutch Armed Forces
• "This valuable book is about the lost art of personal attention; Very important in building networks and relationships!" — Alexandra Messervy, Founder and Chief Executive of The English Manner, formerly of the Royal Household of HM the Queen
• "As personal relationships become more important in our accelerating and digitizing world, it is a huge benefit to finally have a book that defines Relationship Management as a true and required profession in any organization." — Janine Dijkmeijer, CEO of Nederlands Dans Theater
About the Authors
Jean Paul Wijers is the founder and director of the Institute of Strategic Relationship Management (ISRM). In 1996 he graduated from the Hotelschool The Hague, one year after starting his first company, Protocolbureau. Between 2001 and 2009, Jean Paul Wijers worked as head usher for the Master of Ceremonies of H.M. Queen Beatrix, at royal weddings, state funerals, and royal baptisms.
Jean Paul used his unique experience in protocol to develop a method for organizing effective networking meetings with measurable results. In a modern application, protocol is a way to increase the number of meaningful encounters at networking events.
His vision of effective relationship management resulted in the foundation of the ISRM. Jean Paul is also the initiator of the postgraduate program about strategic relationship management and the initiator and editor of this book, Managing Authentic Relationships: Facing new challenges in a changing context.
Monica Bakker is a sinologist and lived for several years in Beijing. At the Dutch institute Comenius Courses which is related to University of Groningen, she is a program director of new programs on executive leadership development. Besides that, Monica is a Socratic Dialogue facilitator and lecturer on Innovation Leadership and Chinese Innovation Mindset at Inholland University of Applied Science.
At the Institute of Strategic Relationship Management, Monica is a trainer and consultant on relational leadership and vision development: to what end and on the basis of what attitude do organizations create their networking vision and bring it to life?
Robert Collignon has more than twenty years of experience in marketing, sales, and customer service. He is a director on (digital) strategy at Monitor Deloitte. In addition to his work at Deloitte, he lectures at the Institute of Strategic Relationship Management and the Hotelschool The Hague.
His client list includes Swiss Life, Aegon, Procter & Gamble, Pfizer, TUI, Sol Melia, KLM, AB Inbev, ABN AMRO and RTL.
A Dutch national, Robert has a Master's degree in Business Law and in Business Administration and he is a Registered Marketeer (RM). Robert has contributed to numerous marketing and business publications.
Robert Collignon is chairman of the United World Colleges (UWC) Netherlands. UWC is a non-profit organization that makes education a force to unite people, nations, and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
Gerty Smit is an expert in change management and human resources management. As an independent Birkman consultant, she is an experienced coach in career development, team development, and personal development. Since 2001 she is also a lecturer at Hotelschool The Hague and is responsible for developing and teaching the courses Strategic Relationship Management and Change Management at Bachelor level. Before 2001 Gerty was a (senior) HR advisor/manager at the Dutch telecom company KPN. She has a Master's degree in Public Law and Management (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen) and a postgraduate education in Psychology (Centrum voor Beleid en Management/Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht).
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: HR in a Nutshell - Making Good Managers Great! by Steve Bareham|
• Book Review: Social Wealth - How to Build Extraordinary Relationships By Transforming the Way We Live, Love, Lead and ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.