Book: The Trial - Dark Urban Scottish Crime Story (Parliament House Books Book 1) by John Mayercategories: Book, Mystery, British, Legal, Scotland, Police Procedural, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Corruption, Transvestite, Crime Thriller
John Mayerabout this book: The first full length novel in The Parliament House Books series.
Brogan McLane escapes a life of poverty and crime in Glasgow Scotland to become a High Court lawyer. But can he escape the injustice he discovers in the hallowed halls of Parliament House in Edinburgh?
McLane's life goes into free fall when an old enemy, High Court Judge Lord Aldounhill is found dead and he is arrested and charged with murder. A murky world involving Russian brothels and Rent boys slowly reveals itself as McLane, his blood brother Big Joe and some very unlikely allies fight to clear his name. Conspiracy, corruption and clandestine gentleman's clubs are all around.
McLane protests his innocence, but he would, wouldn't he ?
Low Life in High Places in the Old Town.
For fans of John Grisham or Scott Turrow.
• An outstanding legal thriller. John Mayer is a master at his craft of writing. 5* Noel Ventor on Amazon
• A very exceptional story & FIRST IN SERIES by this much welcomed Author.
• A journey of treacherous manipulations; corruption, impunity, forbidden fetishes and hidden revenge. 5* Mikala Amazon
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by John Mayer
• Book Review: The Order - Dark Urban Scottish Crime Story (Parliament House Books Book 2) by John Mayer|
• Book Review: The Cycle - The second prequel in the Parliament House Book series (Parliament House Books) by John Mayer|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.