Book Review: Devil Dealing (The Ryder Quartet Book 1) by Ian Patrickcategories: Book, Assassination, Pulp Fiction, Hard-Boiled, Sunshine Noir, Police Procedural, Suspense, Mystery, Thriller, Intrigue, Vigilante, Hit-Squad, Crime Fiction
Ian Patrickabout this book: The first crime thriller by the author, in which Detective Jeremy Ryder and his team pursue hardened criminals through the streets of Durban and the tangled bushes surrounding the city. These police procedural thrillers are based on research in the company of detectives and forensic specialists, and they deal with assassinations, vigilante justice, and the moral dilemma of cops trying to deal with vicious crime. This first volume in a four-book series takes the detectives on a hunt for two mysterious criminals. One is a petty thief turned vicious criminal by his experiences in prison. The other is a mysterious figure who appears to be the organiser of a network of underground activities in the gambling industry, but with connections to people in high places.
• "I have uncovered a gem. A knockout ... WHAT a fabulous book... a first class thriller" (Amazon Reviewer)
• "An action-packed thriller rooted in the real world of crime. Authentic and well-researched with witty dialogue from real characters. Very enjoyable" (Amazon Reviewer)
• "This is totally absorbing. What a page-turner, right from the beginning. I know the Durban scene very well, and like many am fascinated by its crime and policing." (Goodreads Reviewer)
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Ian Patrick
Even better a couple of years laterA friend of mine got this on a free promotion this weekend and I told her I'd already read it. But it prompted me to go and get it out again. Brilliant. I loved it. Very uncannily accurate about crime in this region. [by Carol]
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Death Dealing (The Ryder Quartet Book 4) by Ian Patrick|
• Book Review: The Ryder Quartet E-reader Boxset - Volumes 1-4 by Ian Patrick|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.