Book: Love and Not Destroy by Sandra Carey Codycategories: Book, Suspense, Literary Fiction, Family Ties, Adoption, Search for Roots, Museums, Pets, Abandonment, Cozy Mystery
Sandra Carey Codyabout this book: Love and Not Destroy is a mystery set in a small-town museum. Peace Morrow, abandoned as an infant on museum grounds, has recently graduated from college and is working at the museum. She suspects a homeless man who's been hanging around the grounds may be her father. When he is murdered, she feels compelled to find answers to questions that have haunted her life and embarks on a journey that leads to places outside anything she has imagined and is forced to consider her adoptive mother's advice to "be careful what you wish for".
• "As the plot evolves through many twists and turns, the characters develop and grow, some dealing with consequences, others hiding from them."
• "... like the old story of Hansel and Gretel who had planned for trouble by taking little white pebbles to be dropped, Sandra Corey Cody has masterfully dropped little pebbles of her story, bit by bit, moving from character to character, without identification of all those who are adding their personal story... The mystery actually becomes quite complex as Peace plays our amateur investigator and works parallel to the police activities taking place."
• "Secrets...lies...running from the truth...the quest for the truth...spell-binding intrigue...heart-rending emotions. These are just a few of the many strong plot points that will keep you sitting on the edge of your seat while reading Love & Not Destroy."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Sandra Carey Cody
• Book Review: An Uncertain Path (Peace Morrow Novels Book 2) by Sandra Carey Cody|
• Book Review: Murder by Reference (The John Lloyd Mysteries) by D.R. Meredith|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.