Book: Peril In Paradise - a cruise novel by Deb Grahamcategories: Book, Cruise, Hawaii, Middle-Age, Crime, Smuggle, Cruise Ship, Vacation, Honolulu, Sea, Cozy Mystery
Deb Grahamabout this book: Jerria and Will are unassuming real estate agents in Oregon. Dismayed by their son's premature departure to college– across country, no less– Jerria agrees a cruise would cheer her up. Will loves her desperately, and does all he can to make the trip memorable. Wait’ll you see what he did to their cruise cabin! He buys her a necklace at the Honolulu Swap Meet, and that's when the trouble begins. A simple cruise shouldn't put Jerria's very life in danger, and they can’t blame the mythical Pele for this one.
"Peril In Paradise” is a wonderful story, I must say! Had I not written it, it's just the kind of book I'd love to read. My debut novel takes place on a cruise to Hawaii, with rich descriptions of places and people that'll make you want to book a cruise yourself. Go ahead--it's accurate enough to plan a trip by.
I hope you've enjoyed my nonfiction cruise books. "Peril In Paradise" plays up on my vast knowledge of cruising and love of Hawaii.
You’ll relate to the characters, from almost-grandmother Jerria to the quirky Cruise Director, to the starchy captain who freely admits he smuggles contraband onboard, to Nan, 100% Hawaiian and superstitious to the core, to Will, Jerria’s adoring husband, who’ll do anything to make his wife smile again.
You'll be caught up in this warm story. You'd better block out time to read it straight through, because you won't be able to put it down.
Just a few lines from its reviews on Amazon:
• “Great story line, fun characters, and interesting and informative information about the places they traveled... Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.”
• “Delightful characters brought this to life... My only complaint is that the book ended too soon...but I love the ending!”
• “...found the characters fun, engaging, and entertaining. This (cozy mystery) is perfect for someone who wants family-friendly entertainment and to be lost in a book for a few hours...”
• “I really loved this book. The descriptions of Hawaii were right on. I liked the little bit of history thrown in throughout the book. Good writing, kept me reading to see what would happen next.”
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Deb Graham (more)
• Book Review: Mediterranean Cruise - With The Cruise Addict's Wife by Deb Graham|
• Book Review: Tips From The Cruise Addict's Wife - Tips, tricks and stories to plan the best cruise ship vacation ever ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.