Book: Death at the Café (A Reverend Annabelle Dixon Cozy Mystery Book 1) by Alison Goldencategories: Book, Murder Mystery, Female Protagonist, Amateur Sleuth, British Detective, Comedy, Fun, Culinary, Recipes, Animal, Women Sleuths, Romance, Cozy Mystery
Alison Goldenabout this book: Five stars! "I couldn't put it down."
Reverend Annabelle Dixon is the charming, slightly gauche, very tall, thirty-something vicar of St. Clement's Church in London and she's off to meet her best friend from childhood, Catholic nun, Sister Mary. Little does Annabelle know that she will soon find herself embroiled in a mystery of deadly design.
Their meeting place is awash with horror, with Sister Mary standing in the middle, shaking, her hand over her mouth and a dead woman at her feet. Hijinks ensue.
Armed only with a note, a disappearing dart, vague hints, and a love of cake, our quick-thinking, quick-footed holy woman must gather the clues, pacify a detective, and find the real perpetrator before both she and her friend wind up in jail.
Death in the Cafe is the prequel to Murder in the Mansion, the next book in the Reverend Annabelle Dixon series. Murder at the Mansion is free on Amazon.
Reviewers of Death in the Cafe note:
• "A great prequel."
• "Wonderful, enjoyable read."
When we set out to write this book we wanted to demonstrate a little of Annabelle's background and her character as well as the story behind why she goes off to the countryside where the rest of the Reverend Annabelle mysteries are set. Death at the Cafe is a deliciously crafted romp around London, as the two women career around getting into all sorts of mischief.
Another reader commented:
• "Part Sherlock, part Father Dowling, Annabelle is a new kind of detective – one who sees the truth in the most unlikely places. If you love solving puzzles, then this suspense-filled, endearing, cozy mystery is just for you. Enjoy following our amateur sleuth as she careers around London. It will have you guessing until the very end!"
Included at the back of the book are recipes for the pastries featured in the book:
• Cherishable Cherry Blossom Cupcakes
• Cherubic Chocolate Caramel Bars
• Jubilicious Jam Turnovers
• Teresa's Surprise Cake
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Alison Golden (more)
• Book Review: Murder at the Mansion (A Reverend Annabelle Dixon Cozy Mystery Book 2) by Alison Golden|
• Book Review: Body in the Woods (A Reverend Annabelle Dixon Cozy Mystery Book 3) by Alison Golden|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.