Book: Rum & Red Peppers - 80 Caribbean, Armenian, Middle Eastern & Mediterranean Recipes by Wayne Gerard Trotmancategories: Book, Recipes, Caribbean, Armenian, Mediterranean, Cocktails, Boreg, Dolma, Piña Colada, Rum, Mai Tai, Red Peppers, Cookbook
Wayne Gerard Trotmanabout this book: Cooking is about love and sharing. Parents love to feed their children, just as a lover delights in placing delicious morsels between the lips of her beloved. Out of necessity, we may cook only for ourselves but cooking for others is one of life's greatest pleasures. Cooking evokes a sense of nostalgia - treasured childhood memories, special occasions, jovial family gatherings, intimate relationships and timeless places. Mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, favourite aunt or uncle - we each have that special person or handful of people whose culinary creations helped shape our lives. Cooking honours those we love and binds us to our communities.
Rum & Red Peppers features simple recipes that reflect the traditional cuisines and rich cultural diversity of Trinidad and Tobago, the Caribbean, Armenia, the Middle East and the Mediterranean. As much as possible, all eighty recipes call for readily available ingredients.
The recipes are of three types - traditional, inspired, and brand new creations. Traditional recipes include Caribbean Chicken Stew, Callaloo, Rice & Peas, Sorrel, Black Cake, Lamb & White Bean Stew, Dolma, Lahmajoon, Boreg, Tabouleh and Vospov Kufteh. Inspired recipes are variations of popular drinks and dishes including Cuba Roja, Wayne's Mai Tai, Wayne's Piña Colada, Peppermint Milo, Christmas Crackers and Meatballs in Rum Sauce. Finally, brand new creations include Rum & Red Peppers Chicken, Grilled Mango Chicken, Caribbean Sea Bream, Salsa Salmon, Boozy Fruit Cupcakes, Almond Berry Cake, Sorrel Sorbet, Black Rock, Fiery Passion and Spartan.
• "This is more than a cookbook; it's also a great coffee-table picture book." — Nathir Sara, Amazon Reviewer
• "The recipes are easy to follow and don't include so many ingredients that you need a bank loan. All are beautifully photographed to whet the taste buds and let you see what the finished plate should look like." — M. Gibbs, Amazon Reviewer
• "Absolutely love this cookbook! The recipes come from a rich array of cultural differences without being complicated." — Carolina, Amazon Reviewer
• "This recipe book is simply great. I love the combination of various kitchens from around the world." — DerJulius, Amazon Reviewer
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Wayne Gerard Trotman
• Book Review: Images of Cuba by Wayne Gerard Trotman|
• Book Review: Classic Cars of Cuba by Wayne Gerard Trotman|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.