Book: The Antique Love by Helena Fairfaxcategories: Book, Romance, London, Wyoming, Cowboy Hero, Antiques, English Setting, Richmond Park, Sweet Romance, Clean Romance, Contemporary Romance
Helena Fairfaxabout this book: The Antique Love is a story that grew out of my love for antique items and for rummaging through vintage shops. One day I began to wonder what it would be like to be the owner of my own antique business...and so my heroine, Penny Challoner, was born!
Penny owns an antique shop in south London. She's an imaginative young woman, passionate about her antiques, and with a keen sense of romance.
Of course my story wouldn't be a romance without a hero, and I decided to make this a tale of opposites. Kurt Bold is from Wyoming - from beautiful, wide open country that is far removed from London's congested streets. And Kurt is Penny's polar opposite in character, too. He's logical, practical, and works in the world of finance - a profession far removed from the romance of antiques.
Kurt finds Penny's passion for her business amusing and intriguing, and at first he treats her like he would his kid sister. He asks her to help refurbish a house he's just bought near London's Richmond Park. Richmond Park is the largest and oldest of London's Royal Parks. I wanted to explore the nature of the great outdoors, and how walking through this Park in the open air with Penny, Kurt himself opens up to her, losing his reserve.
I enjoyed creating these two characters very much. I loved the way that Kurt begins to open his guarded heart under the infuence of Penny's gentle and romantic character. I loved having an American hero and an English heroine. As a British author, I did struggle a little with Kurt's vocabulary on occasion - but luckily my American editor was there to put me right!
Reviews for The Antique Love have blown me away. Here's what some of my reviewers have said:
• "Best romance story I have read in a long time...I really didn't want this story to end; and yes, I actually sighed at their first kiss :)"
• "The Antique Love is one of the most enjoyable, feel-good stories I've recently read...The hero is a perfect foil for the romantic day-dreaming heroine and the beautifully portrayed antique shop provides a wonderful background to their love story."
• "There are moments in the book which will make you go all mushy and gooey... the first kiss especially is going to rock your fantasies. Very well written."
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Helena Fairfax
• Book Review: The Silk Romance by Helena Fairfax|
• Book Review: Hands on the Wheel - A Sinfully Erotic Trucker Romance by Margaret Harlowe|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.