Book: With the Headmaster's Approval by Jan Hurst-Nicholsoncategories: Book, Career Setting, Work Setting, Love Triangle, Alpha Male, School Teachers, Contemporary Fiction
Jan Hurst-Nicholsonabout this book: When a former US naval officer agrees to restore discipline in a prestigious British school he finds the aggrieved female teachers are his biggest challenge.
The girls at St Mary's Academy in northern England are becoming unruly. A quick fix is needed and the governing body controversially appoints Adam Wild as the new head teacher, a handsome former US naval officer and widower with a tragic past.
The all-female staff resent his arrogant male presence upsetting their group dynamics, and he finds his authority undermined by fiercely ambitious and popular teacher Jenna Murray, who feels he has stolen the position that should have been hers. His new strict rules do not go down well with sullen teenage girls, and resentment festers as they plot their revenge.
But as his firm, self-assured influence takes hold in the emotionally charged atmosphere, the dark secrets, scandals and forgotten dreams of the teachers of St Mary’s present fresh challenges for Adam as he becomes the catalyst that changes their lives in ways they could never imagine ...
• "A most enjoyable, skilfully written story with thoroughly likeable characters about whom I cared. There are many interwoven story lines that complement each other well."
• "This is a lovely endearing story with many laughs. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and was sorry it ended."
• "A quick read with very real, interesting characters, I loved the plot. Light hearted, it took me back to my school days."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Jan Hurst-Nicholson
• Book Review: 7 Keys to Better Boundaries - See through the Games and Do What's Right for You by Stephanie Sterner|
• Book Review: Champion Your Career - Winning in the World of Work by Halimah Bellows|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.