Book: Featherlight - Hope rekindled by Antje Doehringcategories: Book, Young Adult, Anorexia, First Love, Eating Disorder, Family Life, School and College, Teenager, Friendship, Therapy, Dance, Internet Forum, Coming of Age
Antje Doehringabout this book: • "My teenage daughter and I loved the very realistic portrayal by the author of a teen's trials and triumphs during adolescence as she grappled with issues of youth relationships, self-esteem, teen angst, etc." (Amazon.com)
Originally published in Germany in 2016, now the translated version of this novel is available in English.
- TV Model shows are the reason for unrealistic self-images in young women?
- Eating disorders are the result of bad parenting or other traumata during childhood?
- Peer pressure leads to extreme dieting?
Not necessarily! Anorexia as well as other eating disorders could happen to almost everyone. Too many common misconceptions are still common about this serious disorder. "Featherlight" wants to get rid of them as well as entertain. Jasmine, fictional main character of this book, is a "normal, average teenager" in a small town who loves to dance but isn't very excited about school. When her dream boy declares "Less is more!" and drops her, she gradually develops anorexia and has to be admitted to hospital. Jasmine needs a lot of support to built a self-esteem, strong enough to fight her inner demons. A long journey to herself ...
• "A must read for the mothers to know how to manage teens well, and for the teenager to learn how to wade through those murky waters if needed!" (Amazon.in)
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Antje Doehring
• Book Review: A Far Journey - A young girl's coming of age story by Ruth Ramsey|
• Book Review: Weniger (German Edition) by Antje Doehring|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.