Book: Rise of Gaia by Kristin Wardcategories: Book, Young Adult, Science Fiction, Environmental Fiction, Female Protagonist, Natural World, Contemporary, Strong Female Lead, Goddess, Magical Powers, Elemental Powers, Coming of Age Fantasy
Kristin Wardabout this book: I have always had an affinity for nature and have worked in the realm of science instruction through my career. This background is evident in all of my books as I bring our current environmental issues to the forefront of my work. In my latest novel, Rise of Gaia, I blend of science fiction and fantasy with environmental overtones. In this story, Mother Earth has awakened as a result of an unchecked onslaught on the environment. The research I conducted for this book was grounded in the events that happen as a result of her wrath. I read numerous articles on natural disasters in order to write pivotal scenes in the book.
Here's what readers are saying:
• "The characters are fantastic, the storyline a down right harsh reality, although the story is anything but and the world building is truly astounding!"
• "Wow! A truly wonderful standalone story! Rise Of Gaia has it all ... friendship, kinship, hate, rage, love and pain. This story brings out all the feels!"
• "Wow! This is am amazing story. I absolutely love the dynamic between Terran and Beth."
• "The main theme of this story is so relevant to our society today, and a reminder of how precious our resources truly are. Makes you wonder... what if Gaia was real…."
• "The theme, storyline and characters are clearly inspired by the author's personal creativity and in the indie author community that's a rare commodity."
• "The themes the author explores in this novel are so relevant to our modern day world and you become immersed in all that is necessary through the eyes of Gaia."
• "WOW what a read! Well written with a fantastic storyline the author has built an amazing world that you can easily get lost in!"
• "This is an Epic Read."
• "I was just taken on an incredible journey with this amazing book!"
• "This book is AMAZING! Anyone who loves Mother Nature with fall in love with this story."
• "An action packed stand-alone filled with plot twists and unexpected trials!"
• "This book is very introspective, with the main character trying to work through her internal struggle with what she is destined to do."
• "It's a refreshingly different take on the myths that there was a Mother Earth that all life originated from her."
• "It's not your typical fantasy, or typical contemporary – this is a work of its own."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Rise of Gaia Book Trailer
• Book Review: Forbidden Fire by Kimberly Kinrade|
• Book Review: Khe by Alexes Razevich|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.