Book: Ghoul Squad #1 by Brandon Rhinesscategories: Book, Monster, Vampire, Zombie, Werewolf, Frankenstein, Heavy Metal, Transylvania, Varney the Vampire, Indie Comics, Marvel, Image Comics, Comics
Brandon Rhinessabout this book: Writer Brandon Rhiness presents GHOUL SQUAD!
Ghoul Squad is a comic book published by Higher Universe Comics.
Story: Varney, a proud, but idiotic, vampire puts together a team of "monsters" and sets up shop in Transylvania to fight supernatural evil. In this first issue, the Ghoul Squad matches wits with a werewolf.
Brandon Rhiness & Adam Storoschuk created Ghoul Squad.
The book contains great artwork from Spanish comic book artist Carlos Trigo and Canadian colorist Nick O'Gorman. It was lettered by Chris Johnson.
• In today's comics landscape, it can sometimes be difficult to find a book that's willing to let itself and its readers just have a good time. This is an era of complex anti-heroes and event storylines, and that's all well and good. But every once in a while, we need a book like Ghoul Squad to come along and remind us all that sometimes simple is better. — Matt Hurd (U.K)
• Felt like the perfect blend of dark comedic characters and high octane action. Loved this book from start to finish. Definitely want more. — Mike Hunau (Los Angeles, California)
• Just read Ghoul Squad #1 from @BrandonRhiness. A well put together book & a fun read! I recommend it. — @JGrayWebcomic (from Twitter)
• That was a fun, 'we're going to the pub' classic! Carlos Trigo's stuff always looks great, suited the story really well there! — Tom Ward (Liverpool, U.K.)
• I just read the comic and it's great, I love it! I like the humorous tone of the comic, it's so fun! The Grinderstein character is my favourite and his name is so cool. Also, I absolutely loved the phrase "Every time a door is closed, a window is opened", said by Varney. :) I hope the comic becomes very popular quickly as I think it deserves it. — Boriana Giormova (Sofia, Bulgaria)
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Brandon Rhiness
• Book Review: Misfits #1 by Brandon Rhiness|
• Book Review: The Boy with a Balloon for a Head by Brandon Rhiness|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.