Book: Sweet Song by Terry Persuncategories: Book, Historical, Race, Fiction, Lumber, Adventure, Civil War
Terry Persunabout this book: "Sweet Song" is a post Civil War novel that follows a young black man, Leon Carpenter, from the childhood home he was forced to leave in rural Pennsylvania, through logging camps, and logging towns. All the while Leon is traveling, he finds that it's easy to pass as white. But, this puts Leon into a strange place internally, and has him questioning who he really is. This is a raw book that looks at race, love, and personal values.
• "The book gripped me from the first chapter."
• "I loved this book and didn't want it to end."
• "Persun has a unique way of weaving the world that makes more than just a pretty turn of a phrase. He pulls you into the story...You will not be disappointed."
• "His characters sometimes make me laugh, sometimes make me cry, and always make me look deeper within myself for answers to questions about my values and why I make the choices in life I do."
• "'Sweet Song' is a haunting tale of a young man's struggle to find his place in the world."
• "My only problem with the book was that it left me wanting more."
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Terry Persun
Visit related websites:
Video: Interview with Terry Persun about his historical novel, 'Sweet Song'
• Book Review: Fated Memories (PNWA Award Winner) by Joan Carney|
• Book Review: The RED PATH - Indian Brigades in the Civil War by Robert W. Walker|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.