Book: Come Empty - Pour Out Life's Hurts and Receive God's Healing Love (Daily Devotionals) by Saundra Dalton-Smithcategories: Book, Devotional, Prayer, Motivational, Inspirational, Spiritual Growth, Christian Living, Women's Nonfiction, Religious Studies, Self-Help, Christian
Saundra Dalton-Smithabout this book: What would happen if for 50 days you went deep into the places of your greatest pain, empty in anticipation of being filled?
It is in this place of emptiness that you are given a most amazing invitation, an invitation to simply come. Not an invitation to become, but rather an invitation to come just as you are with your unanswered prayers and lingering questions. It is an invitation to bring your fears, doubts, and disappointments into the presence of God; and leave renewed, strengthened, guided, restored, and satisfied. It is an invitation to come empty and be filled.
50 days of experiencing the fullness of God will give you:
1. Assurance of God's presence in your difficult situations
2. Illuminated vision and perspective on your past emotional blind spots
3. Forgiveness of sins which have held your heart and mind captive
4. Grace to bring your disappointments, fears, and doubts onto holy ground
5. Freedom to fully live in the abundance of God's love
Come Empty is about releasing the pain, guilt, and trauma of your past so you can grab hold of the joy, peace, and love of God.
From the cover to cover, you will journey through your deepest pain on purpose and if you are brave enough you'll dive deep into the 50 day Jubilee Challenge.
The purpose of this 50 day devotional is to point you back to the cross during those times when you are hurting, disappointed, and discouraged.
5 Interesting Facts About Come Empty:
1. The flower on the cover is a dogwood. In the Christian religion it is viewed as a symbol of the crucifixion of Christ. The four petals form a cross. The markings on the outer edges of the petals symbolize the nail marks. The central part of the flower looks like a crown, similar to the crown of thorn's place on Jesus's head.
2. The cup the woman is holding on the cover is from the limited-edition Pampered Chef Help Whip Cancer line. This representing the hard journey many have taken to hold on to their faith when life throws them a curve ball like cancer.
3. The purple color on the book helps us to remember Lent and the passion of the Christ.
4. The title is an open invitation to everyone who has ever felt empty on the inside.
5. There are 50 devotionals because in Jewish tradition every 50 years is a Jubilee year and on that year those who are in debt and bondage are freed. After 50 days of coming before God and pouring out life's hurt you too can be freed from the bondage of disappointment, sorrow, and emotional pain.
Life is full of invitations to come empty. Every time things don't go as planned. Every time death comes unannounced. Every time faith is overshadowed by doubt. The question is not if you will get an invitation, the question is will you come.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Supernatural Wave of God's Presence - Receive Miracles from Heaven Every Day by Daniel Green|
• Book Review: Finding Our Identity in Christ by Deborah H. Bateman|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.