Book: Pure-Hearted - The Blessings of Living Out God's Glory by Kathy Collard Millercategories: Book, Spirit's Fruit, Loving Others Well, God's Glory, Motives, Bible Study, Biblical People, Spiritual Life, Serving God, Devotional, Purity, Heart Change, Christian Living
Kathy Collard Millerabout this book: Would you like to feel more contented, persistent, and emotionally stable? How about more loving and sensitive to the needs of others? There's a way that you can have a more godly life and it's through a surprising means: wanting God's glory. God asks us to glorify Him because it's not only because He deserves it but because He knows it's for our good. When we want to see Him magnified in the eyes of others and we are motivated to represent Him in a godly way, we actually reap the benefits.
That's the two-sided goal of my book, Pure-Hearted: The Blessings of Living Out God's Glory: God being glorified and His child experiencing the goodness of a godly life. Everything God wants for us is good for us and by purifying our motives we can more clearly know His guidance and desires to bring those blessings into our lives.
Yet, sometimes we experience difficulties, trials, and loss. Even then if we're focused on God's glory, those challenges won't seem overwhelming or without purpose. Especially then we can surrender to what God knows is best for us and be a reflection of His trustworthiness.
I've found this true in my own life and that's what began my journey toward exploring what it meant to be motivated by wanting God's glory. Then I began to see how I also was benefiting as I represented God —yes, imperfectly— but He still was lifted up. I could pinpoint the benefits; each one becoming a chapter in Pure-Hearted:
1. selfless love: I knew God loved me so much I could be selfless knowing He would take care of my love needs. What love!
2. surrendered: I could look at God's will as good no matter if it seemed difficult. What patience!
3. secure: God is glorified as I live out my inheritance in Christ: "In Christ" I am (in His eyes) holy, forgiven, blessed, sealed, etc. What goodness!
4. satisfaction: instead of thinking I deserved a perfect life, I could be satisfied with God's choices for me and not be disgruntled. What joy!
5. stable: when I wanted God glorified, I found my emotions were more even-tempered and not demanding other people or life fit in with my plan. What peace!
6. self-controlled: a lot of impatience and anger is because we feel wronged by others. But wanting God's glory releases us from defending ourselves. God knows the truth and His opinion is all that matters. What self-control!
7. struck with awe toward God: we represent God rightly because we know who He is in truth. We then reflect a loving and good God. What kindness!
8. steadfast: God is faithful and trustworthy even when we don't understand His ways. We become more dependable wanting to reflect Him. What faithfulness!
9. sensitive: God always knows what's best for every person. We can't perfectly be like that but we can grow in our ability to care about others in the way He does. What gentleness!
Although God is still teaching me and purifying my motives for His glory, I can see His loving hand upon me. As a result, He is glorified and I experience the fruits of the Spirit. In the final chapter of Pure-Hearted, I relate those nine chapters to the nine fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). When I started writing this book, I didn't know God would then tie them into those spiritual fruit. Only God!
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Kathy Collard Miller
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Choices Of The Heart by Kathy Collard Miller|
• Book Review: Whispers of My Heart - Daughters of the King Bible Study Series by Kathy Collard Miller|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.