Book: A Body in the Belfry (The First Ladies Club Book 2) by J.B. Hawkercategories: Book, Mystery, Suspense, Small Town, Romance, Oregon Coast, Clergywoman, Pastor's Wife, Strong Female Lead, Murder, Christian Fiction
J.B. Hawkerabout this book: How does a single clergywoman and former pastor's wife make the transition to the pastorate of a new small town church and earn the loyalty and respect of her congregation while dead bodies keep turning up in her new church?
The Reverend Doctor Merrill Bishop must work through preconceptions and out-dated attitudes while still mourning the loss of her pastor husband and facing the unexpected challenge of raising her newly orphaned nephew. The last thing she needs is a series of mysterious deaths right on her doorstep.
Thanks to her faith and her new friends of the First Ladies Club, she is able to face each new surprise with courage and optimism.
The arrival on the scene of a handsome Seattle reporter, a friend of her brother, gives Merrill even more to think about as she adjusts to her new life in the small Oregon seaside community.
• "Absolutely fascinating characters, I enjoyed meeting every one of them. This story took me for a ride from the very beginning and that feeling was there until the end."
• "From the first chapter I was thrilled with this book!"
• "This book is so much fun to read! I really love that this book is from the view point of a Pastor's wife."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by J.B. Hawker
• Book Review: The First Ladies Club by J.B. Hawker|
• Book Review: The Fallen Body (Taylour Dixxon Series Book 1) by Stone Patrick|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.