Book: A Seahorse Tale by Michael Mardelcategories: Book, Mystery, Greek Mythology, Action Adventure, Romance, Traveling Man, Historical Fiction, Christian Fiction
Michael Mardelabout this book: - a YA and middle grade book
- a story of creation in a fantasy land, with some philosophy.
- The Rainbow Serpent is the Creatrix and she is making the Great South Land.
- story begins in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Is there to be some mermaid romance?
- the Mermaid and the Seahorse are nameless but unique.
- They speak telepathically
- the Mermaid regales the Seahorse of what she has observed from her rock
- There also seems to be a constant stream of pirates guided to their watery graves. Until a female captain, Chris, turns up and the Seahorse is quite jealous.
- So much so, that the Rainbow Serpent appears and frightens Chris back to her ship where her crew are desperately trying to set sail.
- The Mermaid presented many tales, mainly concerning women who were healers.
- There is reference to historical fiction with conflict between the Church and these women even though, as midwives, they could make a difference and save both mother and child.
- One story concerns Joan of Arc. She complied with the French hierarchy until she had fulfilled her purpose of routing the English. Was she executed because she wanted to dress like a soldier and wear trousers after the war was over? She is part of our Christian fiction Kindle books.
- There is also a possible Christian fiction romance but with elves.
- Next stop is the Great South Land. Here we meet a mob of Aborigines and one in particular. He has a history of being taken by a willy-willy when he was small and later getting lost when he was older.
- The next stage has the Seahorse contemplating his reincarnation. How may his expectations be excelled? He could be a race horse like Phar Lap or an ordinary horse for the Mermaid to ride.
- His last memories are of the Mermaid holding him in her mouth as she swam to a place like the Bermudas where they could frolic with other mermaids and mermen. She really knew seahorse care. The Seahorse was happy with his lot but what would be his next creation?
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Michael Mardel
• Book Review: The Sun God's Heir - Return Book One by Elliott Baker|
• Book Review: Deadly Misfortune - Book Two in the Quintspinner Trilogy by Dianne Greenlay|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.