Book: The Ravenstone - The Secret of Ninham Mountain by Diane Solomon & Mark Careycategories: Book, Middle-Grade, Fantasy, Mystery, Middle-Grade Fiction, Time Travel, Tween Fiction, Young Adult Fiction, Children's Fiction
Diane Solomonabout this book: In "The Ravenstone: The Secret of Ninham Mountain," 13-year-old twins, Aidan and Nadia Shaw, discover a beautiful icon of black basalt stone carved with raven heads. This magical stone, the Ravenstone, can transport twins through time! An ancient shaman sends them on a mission to find something that will change their lives, and the lives of their family, and indeed, all mankind... if they can survive the incredible danger.
They are aided by the power of the Ravenstone, by their friends, and by their own special gifts of high intuition and photographic memory. The story is full of mystery, adventure, valor, glory, and a sweet touch of redemption and heart.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Diane Solomon's first career was as highly successful singer/enetertinaer in the UK. She hosted her own variety show on BBC TV and toured with Glen Campbell and Kenny Rogers. When Chronic Fatigue Syndrome laid waste to her performing career, she struggled for almost eight years, in a state of half-life. Her cure, via a homeopathic remedy, was little short of miraculous. Now she is a full-time writer, ghostwriter, and editor.
This is the first novel written with her husband, Mark Carey, a retired biologist, naturalist, and accomplished voice-over artist.
They live in New Hampshire, on acres of woods and streams, where they spend many hours designing gardens and meadows, and watching wildlife.
• "Solomon and Carey's imaginative storytelling sweeps you into a fascinating tale of mystery and adventure." — Linda Zimmermann, successful author of thirty books about the paranormal and mysterious stone sites.
• "I gave the book to my 12-year-old grandson. When he finished reading, he proclaimed, "This book is better than Harry Potter!" We both hope Nadia and Aidan have another adventure!" — Cheryl P, Amazon review
• "The main characters, 13-year-old twins, are honorable and courageous, and the reader really cares about them and roots for them. My grandson, who is 12, loved it, and asked it there will be another book with Nadia and Aidan." — W. Lovett, Amazon review
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: The Missing Alchemist (The Young Alchemist Series Book 1) by Caldric Blackwell|
• Book Review: The Sound and the Echoes by Dew Pellucid|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.