Book: Little Miss HISTORY Travels to LA BREA TAR PITS & MUSEUM by Barbara Ann Mojicacategories: Book, Education and Reference, Prehistory, Fossils, Science Studies, Paleontology, Asphalt Seeps, Rancho La Brea, Page Museum, Pit 91, The Fishbowl, Saber-Tooth, Children's Book
Barbara Ann Mojicaabout this book: Ever wonder what it would be like to live 40,000 years ago in The Pleistocene Ice Age? Yes, it would be cold, but certainly not dull. Imagine living in the center of Los Angeles, not in Hollywood, but instead walking among pools of sticky tar. Herbivores and carnivores alike meet their fate as they are crushed and trampled by predators. Look down into the pits to gaze at their fossil remains. Watch scientists at work in "The Fishbowl," cleaning and categorizing archaeological finds. Then marvel at reconstructed skeletons of mastodons, camels, and giant sloths. Step inside and stroll through Rancho La Brea.
Check out the entire award-winning series on www.LittleMissHISTORY.com The picture book nonfiction series inspires and educates all members of the family. Do you want a chance to display your artistic talents? Read words of wisdom while you color memorable scenes from the series in the Little Miss HISTORY COLORING BOOK. Like finding a bargain? You can get three books containing the New York City adventures of Little Miss HISTORY for the price of two when you purchase The ADVENTURES of Little Miss HISTORY.
• The illustrations have freshness and vibrancy that will not dim with time. The text is a refreshing change from so many of the books we see for kids these days. It is informative and intelligent while remaining fun and engrossing for the independent young reader or listener. 5 Stars MRS.D
• "Little Miss History Travels to La Brea Tar Pits and Museum" is a perfect combination of education and fun! Each page has photographs and illustrations, with intriguing scientific and historical information woven throughout. 5 Stars JS Reads
• The amalgamation of Mrs. Mojica's clear and elegant writing and her husband's superb artistry elevates this book (as it did the previous seven) to a league of its own. Highly recommended! 5 Stars Sarah Reviews
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Barbara Ann Mojica (more)
Video 1: Writer's Dream interviews Author Barbara Ann Mojica Part 1
Video 2: Writer's Dream interviews Author Barbara Ann Mojica Part 2
• Book Review: Little Miss HISTORY Travels to INTREPID Sea, Air & Space Museum (Volume 5) by Barbara Ann Mojica|
• Book Review: Little Miss HISTORY Travels to TOMBSTONE ARIZONA by Barbara Ann Mojica|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.