Book: When Angels Fly by S. Jackson & A. Raymondcategories: Book, Memoir, Parenting, Faith, Christian, Clean Read, Hope, Romance, Love, Self Help, Childhood Cancer
S. Jacksonabout this book: My son passed away in 1990 and I didn't start this book until 2015. Although published then, it was not as good as I thought. Since then, many revisions, work, and two publishers later it is now the substantive book it is today. My memoir touches and helps people the world over from dealing with abusive relationships to a child with cancer. Insight and self help in found in the pages, how to not alienate nursing or medical staff, and a stronger faith through a five year old little boy - a boy whose face is painted on the cover. Help with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Depression, abuse, and coping mechanisms are found throughout. Dealing with child loss is crucial, and it is the King of Loss. You will travel this journey of hope and strength with me through an intimate raw look at my life.
A few review snippets:
• "I felt joy, hope, anger and grief with the passing of only a few pages. This is what exceptionally well-written books will do."
• "The book engrossed me so that I fell into the lives and surroundings of Sarah, Eli, Noah, Ardy, Matt---Henry, Ethel and Gavin and all the medical staff. They were a fascinating study of humanity (and non-humanity.)"
• "To rise above life's cruel blow in such a manner that it is not only remarkable, but truly inspirational."
• "It was a final, beautiful gift this mom gave her son to share with the world his story of incredible grit, wisdom beyond his years, and beautiful soul."
• "A true story about the depths that human behavior can sink to and the indomitable courage shown by the author in rising above it."
• "A testament to a mother's indomitable strength and love. Despite her horrendous heartache, she found the small moments to celebrate. She treasured the happy moments he had when talking to his brother on the phone. "The key to happiness really was gratitude. As I bent my head in prayer and whispered a prayer, I realized how true it was." Her faith and devotion were an inspiration."
• "The reader will find it hard not to fall in love with her sick child, who, to protect his mother from worrying, didn't tell her he was hurting when "I knew damn well he had to be," she said. When Angels Fly by S. Jackson and A. Raymond is a book you'll long remember after reading the final pages."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Book Trailer 'When Angels Fly' by S. Jackson & A. Raymond
• Book Review: My Husband Has Died, But That's Not The Funny Part - When laughter and love overcome grief and loss by ...|
• Book Review: It's Not Harder Than Cancer - The Mindsets You Need to Survive and Thrive After Serious Illness by Michael ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.