Book Review: Taming Me - Memoir of a Clever Island Cat by Cathy Unruhcategories: Book, Fiction, Animals, Adventure, Pets, Memoir, Island, Clever, Taming, Suspense, Cats
Cathy Unruhabout this book: "You should write Lucy's story! She has quite the life!" That comment from a friend led to the creation of Taming Me: Memoir of a Clever Island Cat, based on a true story.
This adventure novel transports you to an enclave of privilege on a lush tropical island where, ironically, an entire segment of the population struggles to find enough scraps of food to survive. You will find yourself rooting for the undercats as Lucy Miracle leads you through the brush toward capture, achingly searches for her mother, and works to outwit the island hermit who wants to murder her relatives, all the while struggling with her own internal conflicts over the comforts of domestic life versus the lure of freedom.
Told in a cat's voice, Taming Me reveals an entirely new way of looking at the world, and yet the struggles and joys it shares are familiar to us all. Released in October 2012 by its publisher Collage Books, reviews show that readers are enthusiastically responding. Most say they cannot put the book down. This is a novel for adults and young adults, animal lovers and adventure lovers. "Cat people" are naturally drawn to it: that's Lucy Miracle on the cover!
• "I was totally engrossed in the life of this little kitten. I found myself hoping and praying she would see the wisdom in giving up the feral life so fraught with danger for a life of love and nurturing indoors." — Loretta, Swit actor, artist and activist
• "We learn the power of compassion to transform and come to understand that, in Lucy's world and in our own, miracles are possible." — Bryan Kortis, co-founder, New York City's Neighborhood Cats
• "A romp through the mind of a fabulous feline and all her fun and life-changing adventures." — Rory Freedman, author, Skinny Bitch
• "Not a cat lover? This feral feline, who narrates her own tale of survival, will turn you into one." — Margo Hammond, co-author, Between the Covers
• "You will laugh, you will cry, and you will love Lucy." — Darlene Arden, PerPETually speaking
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Lucy CatWonderful Book. I met Lucy and Cathy Unruh - wonderful writer - hope she writes another book. I enjoyed meeting Cathy Unruh and Lucy in Lake Placid New York. Hope to meet them again. [by Peggi]
Video 1: Taming Me - Memoir of a Clever Island Cat by Cathy Unruh
Video 2: This is a fun quick tease for a book for animal lovers everywhere
• Book Review: The Cat Connection by Lawrence Matthews|
• Book Review: Hamster Island by Joan Heartwell|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.