Book: Catherine de Valois - A Play in Three Acts (The Legendary Women of World History Book 2) by Laurel A. Rockefellercategories: Book, Play, Drama, Medieval England, Medieval France, Home School, University, Biography, Period Drama, Young Adult, Middle Grade, History, War, Catherine de Valois
Laurel A. Rockefellerabout this book: War made her queen of England. Her love for a Welshman made her immortal.
Adapted from the creative non-fiction biography of the same name, Catherine de Valois tells the story of one of the 15th century's most fascinating queens, taking audiences beyond Henry V and Agincourt to discover the real woman you thought you knew from Shakespeare's "Henry V."
Detail production notes help you bring medieval England and France to life simply and economically while maintaining period accuracy. Production notes include the traditional character list, a scene-by-scene listing of characters, scene-by-scene settings descriptions including hand props, detailed period costuming guide, and a full scale comparison between the stage play and original biography.
Key Differences between the original biography and its stage adaptation:
• Isabelle the Alexandrine parakeet is in the biography but not the stage version.
• We learn about Catherine's marriage to King Henry the Fifth through her conversation with her mother, Queen Isabeau of Bavaria, in which she attempts to reprise "Veni,Veni" from Act One of the stage version.
• King Henry talks with his brother John about his marriage during the start of the Siege of Meaux in Act Two.
Perfect for schools, home schools, after-school programs, university drama courses, community theatre, and kids of all ages who love to put on a show for family and friends.
Estimated run time: one hour.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Laurel A. Rockefeller (more)
Video: The Siege of Meaux -- Excerpt from Catherine de Valois audio edition
• Book Review: Catherine de Valois (The Legendary Women of World History Book 2) by Laurel A. Rockefeller|
• Book Review: Boudicca - A Play in Three Acts (The Legendary Women of World History) by Laurel A. Rockefeller|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.