Book: How to Get Great Book Reviews Frugally and Ethically - The ins and outs of using free reviews to build and sustain a writing career by Carolyn Howard-Johnsoncategories: Book, Review Scams, Credible Reviews, Getting Blurbs, Endorsements, Celebrity Blurbs, Getting Bullets, Using Praise, Book Marketing, Review Resources, Finding Reviewers, Book Promotion, Book Reviews
Carolyn Howard-Johnsonabout this book: How To Get Great Book Reviews Frugally and Ethically is the third in the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally Series of books by Carolyn Howard-Johnson. Carolyn has helped authors reach for renown and success as an instructor for UCLA Extension's Writers' Program for nearly a decade. Her first two how-to books were written and published for her courses there. Now both in their second editions, they have been called "classics" by nationally known indie publisher Bookbaby. The their book in this series, How to Get Great Book Reviews, helps writers avoid pitfalls, misconceptions, and out-and-out scams perpetrated on unsuspecting authors . . . and helps them reach their dreams of great reviews, great book tours, and great launches. It turns out that the topic it covers so throughly--getting reviews--is the essence for a successful marketing campaign that includes all those things and—more important—for building the readership necessary for a prosperous writing career.
• "Getting Great Book Reviews is another HowToDoItFrugally winner! Both new authors and seasoned veterans will get a lot out of this book! I put several of Carolyn Howard-Johnson's tips into practice while I was reading and with great results.
— L. Diane Wolfe, author, speaker, and owner of Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.
• "Carolyn Howard-Johnson has written the most comprehensive and modern guide to getting book reviews that I've ever come across. In her usual warm and easy-to-follow manner, Howard-Johnson outlines everything you need to know to maximise your chances of multiple reviews, from writing review query letters, creating reviewer lists, creating and sending ARCs and galleys, making the most of Amazon, making the most of every review, and even how to write your own (for other people's books) and why you should. This is an excellent resource that both beginning and seasoned authors can return to again and again."
— Magdalena Ball, owner of the online book review site and newsletter, http://compulsivereader.com
• "Getting well-written and fair reviews is the single biggest block to independent authors and small presses. Carolyn Howard-Johnson takes on the problem head-on in this easy-to-use recipe for book review success. To paraphrase the late great Dan Poynter, your book is your business card so the single best marketing tool you have is to send out copies for review."
— Victor Volkman, publisher LHPress
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Carolyn Howard-Johnson (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: The Frugal Book Promoter - How to get nearly free publicity on your own or by partnering with your ...|
• Book Review: Getting Book Reviews - Easy, Ethical Strategies for Authors (Writer's Craft 14) by Rayne Hall|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.