Book: Fallen - A Biblical Story of Good and Evil by Melinda Viergever Inmancategories: Book, Christian Historical, Garden of Eden, Angels and Demons, Adam and Eve, Creation, Biblical Stories, Fall of Man, Spiritual Warfare, Inspirational Fiction, Tree of Life, Forbidden Fruit, Biblical Fiction
Melinda Viergever Inmanabout this book: Adam's naive bite of the forbidden fruit shatters his blissful marriage to Eve and damages the core of his very self. Stunned when God banishes them from the Garden, Adam yearns for what they've lost, but now God seems absent and Eve won't speak to him. Why does he keep hurting her? How can he control his new impulses and emotions? Can they ever recover? Has God abandoned them?
Fallen recreates the story of the beginning. In the Garden of Eden we all came into being. This is story of life, death, and the beginning, a novel of our family, the human story.
Fallen, its prequel Refuge, and the final story Proclaim were inspired by the earliest events recorded in the Bible and the ancient tales that swirl around those events. The series has been thoroughly researched from Biblical and theological reference sources, yet each book is crafted as a story, pure fiction, bringing these intriguing stories to life to illustrate God's passionate love and mercy toward humanity.
Of the decade it will take for all three books to have been written and published, I spent one entire year researching demonology and angelology. Since I wanted to write the angels and demons in the series as close as possible to Biblical norms, I needed to discover everything the Bible says about these supernatural creatures. Then I conveyed all I had learned into my fictional characters with thoughts and dialogue.
• "Lush and sensual, deftly capturing the newness and wonder of creation through the eyes of the first human beings" — Barb Best, Writer
• "A poignant love story of the first two humans" — Liz Muller, Entrepreneur
• "The author's sparkling description gives us insight into the beauty of our unsullied world at the dawn of Creation." — Kim Fisch, Writer
• The characters are portrayed with vivid detail striking at the core of who we are as human beings and the image bearers of God." — Diane Prieur, Writer
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Melinda Viergever Inman
Video 1: Fallen - A Novel By Melinda Inman
Video 2: An Interview With Melinda
• Book Review: Refuge (A Biblical Story of Good and Evil) by Melinda Viergever Inman|
• Book Review: First Life on Earth, Scientific Adam & Eve by Walter Parks|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.