Book: Refuge (A Biblical Story of Good and Evil) by Melinda Viergever Inmancategories: Book, Cain and Abel, East of Eden, Christian Historical, Lilith, Epic of Gilgamesh, Ancient Mesopotamia, Adam and Eve, Sister of Cain, Fratricide, Murder of Abel, Sumerian King List, Biblical Fiction
Melinda Viergever Inmanabout this book: All Cain wants to do is marry Lilith, but he's thwarted and frustrated at every turn. Nudged toward evil by Satan, Cain's hard-hearted hubris results in tragedy and Lilith's broken heart. Crushed by what he's done and banished by God, Cain runs, certain he's destroyed Lilith, his parents, and the entire family. After committing sins of such magnitude, he's unworthy of forgiveness, certain he'll never find God again.
Recovering when we've committed grievous sin and accepting the consequences are challenges that have the potential to destroy us or to make us a stronger person. What will become of Cain?
Inspired by the earliest events recorded in the Bible and the ancient tales swirling around those events, each book in the Biblical Stories of Good and Evil series has been thoroughly researched from Biblical and theological reference sources. Yet each book (Fallen, Refuge, and Proclaim) is crafted as a story, pure Biblical fiction, bringing these intriguing stories to life to illustrate God's passionate love and mercy toward humanity.
By the time the final book in the series is published, over ten full years will have been devoted to the research and the writing. I wanted the angels and demons that inhabit this series to be depicted as near as possible to Biblical norms, so I spent an entire year researching demonology and angelology to discover everything the Bible says about these supernatural creatures. Then I conveyed all I had learned into my fictional characters with thoughts and dialogue.
Refuge has been named a 2014 Official Finalist For The PARANORMAL AWARDS for Supernatural Fiction. The Paranormal Awards writing competition recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Supernatural Fiction and Legends & Lore. The PARANORMAL Awards is a division of the Chanticleer Awards International Writing Competitions.
• "A cosmic battle between God and Satan, reminiscent of Milton's epic Paradise Lost" — Jo Ann Pevoto, Professor Emeritus, College of the Mainland; Former Co-Editor Poetry Texas, The Sidewinder, and Hurakan.
• "This book has it all. Murder, love, revenge, and redemption. Melinda Inman takes a pivotal story from the past and shows us the truth and peace in real redemption - exactly what we all need" — Cindy Sproles, Executive Editor, ChristianDevotions.us.
• "A magnificent story that restores hope for our brokenness and leaves God firmly enthroned and in control of His creation!"
— Bruce Van Horn, Inspirational Author.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Melinda Viergever Inman
Video 1: Refuge, The Novel - Trailer
Video 2: An Interview With Melinda
• Book Review: Gold in Havilah - A Novel of Cain's Wife by Jean Hoefling|
• Book Review: Cain's Wife, Lilith's Daughter by Walter Parks|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.