Book Review: My Life My Africa by Philén Naiducategories: Book, Southern Africa, Spiritual Adventure, Spiritual Journey, Africa Travel, Spiritual Inspirational, Zambian Life, Spiritual Awakening, African Autobiography, Memoir, Africa
Philén Naiduabout this book: My mid-life crisis came at age 23, when I realized that I was living a life to please everyone else besides myself. I then embarked on a journey of self-discovery, which involved some drugs and a lot of 'me' time, as I unraveled my thoughts.
Eventually, I discovered a Voice within me that I had never been previously aware of. This Voice claimed to know me ... to truly know me, and I trusted it. So when my Voice called me to Real Africa, I had no doubt, and decided to pack up my life into a backpack and follow the call.
I journeyed for 5 years into rural Africa, where my conditioned worldview was stripped naked and re-built.
• It is the story of a boy who goes in search of himself and discovers so much more than he ever imagined.
• It is a story of the Real Africa; the Africa that is seldom portrayed for the world to see.
• It is a story of courage, adventure, fear, failure and an inexplicable faith in an unseen and indefinable God that exists beyond all man-made barriers.
This is the story of a journey that we should all be taking.
It is my story, but it could be yours.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Real AfricaJust over 1/3 of my way along Philen's journey and loving it. Well written and with great insight into the human condition. A must read. Much of what I have read I read at a coffee shop in Gauteng where Real Africa was noticeably missing. Reading on a Kindle also didn't seem to do the book justice. This is Africa in the RAW, no masks, no cosmetic job just Real Africa. [by Andrew Versfeld]
Video: My Life My Africa by Philén Naidu
• Book Review: Captain Delightable's Magical Tales (Time Travel Historical Romance) by Val Edward Simone|
• Book Review: A Hitch-Biker's Guide Through Africa by Jo Charnock|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.