Book: Dream Weaver - Dream Weaver Novels Book 1 by Su Williamscategories: Book, Dreams, Immortals, Dark, Love Story, Self-Harm, Dreaming, Tragic, Mind-Benders, Dream Weaver, Assault, Young Adult Paranormal
Su Williamsabout this book: Dream Weaver is a young adult paranormal fiction story about seventeen year old Emari Sweet. Tragedy has left her in a miasma of grief and night terrors ravage her sleep nightly. Until Dream Weaver, Nickolas Benedetti arrives. Nick banishes the nightmares, but his presence in Emari's life has drawn the REAL nightmares to her doorstep.
I knew I wanted to create a 'new' immortal, but I didn't want to write vampires...they've been done to death. I dreamed one of the final scenes of the book and from that Dream Weavers were born. Known in the Greek, as Onar Caphar, this ancient and arcane evolved slowly, and I added different dimensions to their abilities. Musician Gary Wright wrote/sang a song called Dream Weaver, in which, he uses the phrase 'I believe you can get me through the night.' And that is exactly what young Emari needed...someone to help her get through the night.
I did a great deal of research for Dream Weaver. I wanted the Caphar to be as authentic and believable as possible. I researched brain waves, sleep stages and dreaming. As well, I did historical research to authenticate each of the Caphar characters. The Paoli Massacre of the Revolutionary war became a fascination for me and one character, Sabre James' history. I researched local records from the early 1900's for fashion ideas and historical accuracy; and got a little more morbid by learning the embalming techniques of that time period.
I'm always excited to talk about Dream Weaver's cover art. The original artwork, Nick's Eyes, was done by a friend, Jared Johnson--and has become the trademark of all things Dream Weaver. Another friend of mine, Shawn Foote read the story and came up with original artwork to design the cover. His artwork has garnered great reviews from readers and is in the top 5 images in a cover art contest I entered it in.
To sum up what I've learned from writing this book would be mammoth feat. I've learned about submitting queries to agents/editors, as well as writing a great pitch; how the brain works during sleep/dreaming; how to build my social platform; and how to edit my manuscript by 'cutting it to the bone' (Stephen King) and showing the story rather than telling it. I've been able to connect with people from all over the world, and I'm glad to say that a few have become good friends.
REVIEWS FOR DREAM WEAVER!
• dream weaver.. the book is amazing. once i started reading it i could not put it down.. anytime i had to stop reading it left me wanting more and i found myself excited to be able to finish reading it... i cant wait for the next book to come out.
• The author is a very gifted writer, who draws her audience close to the storyline. The characters are very believable and moving. I must commend Su Williams for taking on some issues in a delicate manner.
• If you are into dark science fiction meets YA romance with a little tragic style relationships, this book is for you. Ms. Williams draws you into a world of the impossible with poetic lyrics that dare you to put her book down.
• The cold and isolated world of Emari Sweet came to life through the choice words of the author, while the realistic characters made me believe and hope for Em's brighter future. With enduring friendships, a love story, and super natural beings, Dream Weaver gave me a glimpse into a world beyond the physical.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Su Williams
Video: Dream Weaver (Book One 1 of the Dream Weaver Series) by Su Williams
• Book Review: ROCK STAR - Dream Weaver Novels Book 2 by Su Williams|
• Book Review: Breaking Normal - Dream Weaver Novels Book 3 by Su Williams|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|