Book: The Dragon's Call (The Dragon Throne) by K.W. McCabe
|4 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
K.W. McCabeabout this book: In the midst of a war, humans wake the one creature of legend they have no protection against. Years later humans have learned just what it means to be on the bottom of the food chain.
Enter Cecily - who wants nothing more than to get through school and graduate without becoming a Tender. Certainly, the LAST thing she wants is to get involved with dragons. Even if the dragon in question is a tall, dark-haired and green-eyed hottie.
Unfortunately, it looks like karma is ignoring her input, because not only is she thrown in with not one, but two dragons - pretty soon a whole bunch more will be interfering in her life. Cecily must reconcile her emotions about dragons fast because she's going to seriously need their help. It quickly becomes a race against time - because one of them wants her dead.
This book is a YA tale for ages 15+
• "I love K.w's short stories, but now I'm in love with everything she puts pen to period...I completely enjoyed the journey that K.w takes us on." — Wendy Ewurum
• "This was my first dragon-based fantasy read, and it sold me on the subject! The author seamlessly integrated a fantastical overtaking by dragonkind into a very plausible outcome." — Jadie Jones
• "While there are a plethora of young adult fantasy novels that take place in some fictional world or dystopian reality, The Dragon's Call surpasses them all--yes, it has a similar background, but is wonderfully fresh in that it gives an exceptional glimpse into the adolescent mind. The dialogue is lively and realistic (a factor often lacking in YA books) and the characters are finely sketched." — Jeannette Angell
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by K.W. McCabe
Visit related websites:
• Book Review: Dragon Defense (Heirs to the Throne - Book 3) by Diane Rapp|
• Book Review: Dragon Soul (Dragons in the Mist) by B.J. Whittington|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|