Book: From Writing With Love by Avril Joycategories: Book, Write Short Stories, Success in Writing, Getting Published, Writing for Competitions, Inspiration for Writing, Beginning Writing, Self- Confidence, Self-Believe, Writing a Blog, Writing about Sex, Becoming a Writer, Writing
Avril Joyabout this book: From Writing With Love is a love letter to writing. A letter I want to share with all writers, beginners and experienced writers alike.
I was inspired to write it when my third novel, which appeared to have been accepted by a publisher was ultimately rejected. The disappointment I experienced was huge. I thought about giving up. But why give up the thing you love most? Instead I started to look at things differently. I found new ways to measure my success and new pleasure in the very act of writing. In 2011 I decided to go 'indie' and the following year I won the inaugural Costa Short Story Competition.
After this I began to share ideas and writing tips in a free newsletter and on my blog. When I realised how much other writers valued these I decided to put them together in a book.
It took me over a year to write and I made the collage which features on the cover myself. In writing this book I learned all over again what it is to fall in love with writing, how a writer finds her voice, how to write a great short story and what to look for when writing your novel. I was reminded of how to begin writing, how to love what you do and how to overcome disappointments and find success. I hope my readers will find all of this and much more in from Writing With Love.
Reviews on Amazon.co.uk
• If you are in love with writing then you will love 'From Writing With Love'.
• Brilliant. This book is a passionate evocation of the adventures and excitements of writing with confidence and self belief.
• Avril Joy's book will inspire, encourage and help you.
• Even if you have never considered writing you will want to after reading this!
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Writing Vivid Settings - Professional Techniques for Fiction Authors (Writer's Craft Book 10) by Rayne Hall|
• Book Review: Musings from the Writer's Desk by Elizabeth Bailey|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|