Book: Sailing out of Darkness by Normandie Fischercategories: Book, Sailing, Italy, Guilt, Romance, Consequences, Sailboats, Mental Illness, Childhood Trauma, Women's Fiction
Normandie Fischerabout this book: From award-winning author Normandie Fischer comes Sailing out of Darkness, a multi-layered story of love and forgiveness.
When her husband of twenty-plus years decamps, a devastated Samantha falls into a disastrous affair with her childhood best friend. He won't quit knocking on her door, and she can't seem to say no to him. All she can do is flee to Italy to visit her daughter and try to forget her lover's flashing black eyes, his passion for sailing--and, of course, his live-in girlfriend.
As Sam settles in a small Italian town where she hopes the views and the pace will help her heal, the last thing on her mind is romance. Then ex-pat mystery writer Teo Anderson shows up with his own scars, both physical and emotional, and offers friendship and the chance to laugh again. But not even sailing the Mediterranean and playing tourist with this delightful man can assuage Sam's guilt, especially when consequences escalate and the fallout threatens more than just Samantha's peace of mind.
• "...beautiful, gorgeous imagery... It is take your breath away awesomeness... This is true writing talent here. And she's a wonderful storyteller too." — Samantha Coville, Sammy the Bookworm
• "This is a book with mature conversations, romance that is raw, emotional, and truly real." — Spiced Latte Reviews
• "Normandie Fischer made me want to see Italy on the arm of the man I love, that's how powerful her writing is." — Patricia Bradley
• "Our favorite literary characters are written indelibly into our hearts as we experience them living out the very pains and hopes which have been written deeply onto our souls." — Angela Stanley
• "Normandie Fischer has hit another home run in Sailing out of Darkness." — Andrea Merrell, editor
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Normandie Fischer
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video 1: Sailing out of Darkness by Normandie Fischer
Video 2: Normandie Fischer, Part 2, Sailing Out of Darkness Interview
• Book Review: Sail To and From Italy (Sailing Italy) by Jessica Knauss|
• Book Review: Becalmed - A Carolina Coast Novel by Normandie Fischer|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|