Book: Dark Tidings by Ken Magee
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Ken Mageeabout this book: Dark Tidings is the first in a series of books which live under the tagline 'ancient magic meets the Internet'. It's a funny, contemporary fantasy although it doesn't neatly fit into any genre pigeonhole…
• "What an unusual cross-genre book this is, and how heartily I have laughed at and enjoyed it!"
It's written in a style which has reminded a number of reviewers of Terry Pratchett…
• "Imagine the worlds of Terry Pratchett and Dan Brown coming together - Dark Tidings provides a witty and clever read that will appeal to all readers."
Dark Tidings also lays bare a dark conspiracy which explains why the rich are getting richer while the regular working guys get poorer.
The heroes are a computer hacker, a has-been wizard and a somewhat inept thief. They're all flawed characters, but then again, aren't we all?
• "I found these characters so interesting and engaging that I was stuck to the book to find out the outcome."
If you want to laugh while the world is coming to an end, then maybe Dark Tidings is the book for you.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Ken Magee
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: The Black Conspiracy by Ken Magee|
• Book Review: Wizard's Nocturne - The Sixth Jonathan Shade Novel by Gary Jonas|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|