Book Review: Life, will It Take Me under! by Joan L Samplecategories: Book, Young Adult Fiction, Inspirational, Coming of Age, Education, Fiction Novels, Urban Drama
Joan L Sampleabout this book: Life, Will it Take Me Under is a book that I was inspired to write after watching a heartwarming HBO special on runaways. Many were HIV positive, and had major drug problems. They ran away for various reasons. I watched in tears as the harsh realisms of these young adults’ lives were displayed. It was at that point that that I decided to write my first novel.
Life, Will it Take Me Under is a fictionalized account of seventeen year old Kimberly Washington's struggle. She could be anyone of us. This novel is aimed at young adults, it is a novel of hope, inspiration, and education. Although its target market is young adults, I have had readers of all ages express how much they enjoyed reading it.
Little details about the novel,
• I chose the cover for my book because I wanted it to reflect the content, but I wanted it to be tastefully done--like the novel.
• The hardest part of writing your book was the beginning, once it started to flow, it became easier.
• While writing this book I learned that we all have unsurmountable inner strength!
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Joan L Sample
Loved itThis was a really good novel. It was very realistic! I have seen what the streets, and its predators can do to young girls that fall prey to its influences! This a book all teenage, and young adult women should read! Joan L Sample writes with an easy style, and her characters are very tangible! I highly recommend this book! [by Gail Johnson]
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: A Far Journey - A young girl's coming of age story by Ruth Ramsey|
• Book Review: The Story of My Vegetarian Life by Saudia Cunningham|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|