Book: Child of Sorrow by Gloria Taylor Weinberg
|4.7 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Gloria Taylor Weinbergabout this book: I carried this story in my heart, dredged it from my soul after nearly half a century. It is a little book with a big message, and no one who reads it will ever forget what it was like to be 17 and pregnant at a time when abortion was not an option. Most who found themselves in such a predicament were sent off to homes for unwed mothers and forced to surrender their babies for adoption. The experience scarred many of them for life, and impacted a wide range of future relationships. Child of Sorrow is one girl's experience, but it is dedicated to everyone touched by the pain of it.
• "Child of Sorrow is superb. I highly recommend you read this story."
– Gayle H. Swift, Co-founder of GIFT (Growing Intentional Families Together) and award-winning author of ABC, Adoption Me and That Baby We Borrowed.
• "In Child of Sorrow, Gloria Taylor Weinberg uses rich detail and emotion in retelling the realities of life not so long ago. The harsh reminder of the harmful inequalities of growing up as a girl in a man's world still sting today."
– Mindi Fetterman, Founder & Director of The Inner Truth Project, a Treasure Coast center that serves the needs of survivors of sexual abuse and rape.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Gloria Taylor Weinberg
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: The Mathematics of Sorrow - A Heart-Based Model That Turns Sorrow Into A Gift by Gary K Smith, MBA|
• Book Review: Enraged by O.J. Nkeonye|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|