Book: Travis (Wild Heather Book 2) by Tricia McGillcategories: Book, Scottish Highlander, Scottish Laird, Scotland 11th Century, Revenge, Passion, Time Travel Romance
Tricia McGillabout this book: In Book 1 of my Wild Heather Series we met Travis, The Laird of his clan. I couldn't leave his story where it finished in that book, so it was a foregone conclusion that I had to let everyone know what happened to him after he was left behind in Scotland 1050 by Liz and Andrew, who would never have found a way back to their rightful home in the future if not for him. Also, Time-Travels like Historicals, as you can imagine demand reams of research about the people, their habits, and their day-to day lives so it is seldom you see a stand-alone Time-Travel or Historical. It would be foolish not to dally in that time period a while longer. I would love to own a time machine, but to be honest would ensure I could return to my nice cosy house with all its modern amenities.
In Book 2 Beth Anderson travels from Australia to the dilapidated castle in Scotland that is being refurbished by her friend Liz, who is now married to Andrew. Beth shares Liz's passion for all things Celtic and like Liz is fluent in the ancient language. Her visit is potentially to help Liz and Andrew to renovate the castle. But, after Liz lets her in on their secret of how they traveled back in time and met Travis, the likable rogue and Laird of his clan, Beth unwittingly stumbles on their method of time travel and finds herself back in the Scotland of 1051. The Travis she meets is a changed man, now set on revenge. His aim is to annihilate his enemies and he has no time in his world of bloodshed and violence to contend with another woman from the future. Find how Beth works her way beneath his veneer of anger and vengeance and finds a way to his heart.
• "This flashy, spirited woman and her big, hunky Highlander have completely captured my heart! Their chemistry and sizzle fires up the pages and kept me glued to it from start to finish…one for the keeper shelves, as I am sure that romance readers everywhere will agree with me once they read it." — Kristal Gorman Romance Readers at Heart
• "This is a wonderful book. Tricia McGill is a wonderful writer. The heroine, Beth, is such a sweet character who is fully embraceable and the hero, also wonderfully written, is a man of honor all the way. If you enjoy suspense, action and a great romance this is a must read." — Lisa at Romance Junkies
• "Beth is a quiet but feisty woman of the twenty-first century. Travis is the Laird of all he surveys and rules his people with a fair but firm hand, putting the protection of his people above all else, including himself. Beth and Travis are a team; forging a bond that even time cannot break. In a time of extreme violence and danger, they create their own oasis of peace in each other's arms." — Patricia Oshier Bruening TRS
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Tricia McGill (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: The Laird (Wild Heather Book 1) by Tricia McGill|
• Book Review: Love Beyond Time - Book 1 (Morna's Legacy Series) by Bethany Claire|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|