Book: The Last Refuge (The Peter Brandt Thrillers Book 2) by Martin Roy Hillcategories: Book, Mystery, Action, Suspense, Murder Mystery, Espionage, Military, Thriller
Martin Roy Hillabout this book: Iraq, 1991: Operation Desert Storm. In a terrible friendly fire incident, a U.S. helicopter massacres a small convoy of American MPs. Among the dead: a mysterious American civilian engineer discovered by the soldiers behind enemy lines.
San Diego, CA, 1993: A freelance journalist is hired to write a story about a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the dead engineer's widow against the government and the defense contractor he worked for. The problem: the government insists the lawsuit does not exist, and the contractor claims the engineer did not work for them. Worse, someone is willing to kill to keep it that way.
Peter Brandt, the war-scarred journalist hero of Empty Places, returns in this story of greed, betrayal, and government secrets. Can Peter expose the truth without becoming another victim of the wartime tragedy?
Praise for Empty Places:
• "Crime writing at its best."
— Liam Saville, author of Resolute Action and Predator Strike!
• "...enjoyable, well-crafted, crime thriller... great read..."
— Seumas Gallagher, author of Savage Revenge
• "... an exceptional thriller ... readers are compelled to keep reading, drawn into a constantly-evolving story line."
— D. Donovan, eBook Reviewer, Midwest Book Review
• "Empty Places is masterfully written, with tension on every page."
— Jay Allan Storey, author of Eldorado and Chopper Music
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Martin Roy Hill
• Book Review: Duty - Suspense and mystery stories from the Cold War and beyond by Martin Roy Hill|
• Book Review: The Killing Depths by Martin Roy Hill|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|