Book: Relationships by R A Kahn
|4.7 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
R.A. Kahnabout this book: "Relationships" is a book about the close relationships of family and friends experienced by the main character Isabella. The book also includes insight into how the lives of others impacts on ones life and close relationships.
• What inspired you to write this book?
I had spent time listening to a group of young people discussing their lives and commitments and it grew from comments made by two of them.
• Who are the primary readers of your book? How did you come up with the title?
I think this book will be enjoyed by young readers from the age of 12. The title is a statement and one of great importance in all our lives.
• Why did you choose this cover?
The main image on the cover is part of a painting by one of my daughters, and it suited the title. We played with possible background colours that we felt would suit both genders and co-ordinate with the colours of the image used.
• What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Deciding to write it in the first person for greater impact.
• Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learnt a great deal because I listened to groups of young people talking to each other - however, I decided not to use too many of their new "slang" words, because words like that go quickly out of fashion and I hoped that the book could be enjoyed for several years!
• Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Life is not always easy but as you face its many challenges, I would like to remind young people to value their friendships - some of which may last a life time. Be kind and caring whenever you can and above all show respect for your peers, for your teachers and parents/caregivers, for you may not always know what they themselves are having to deal with in their lives.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Connection (That's Life) (Volume 2) by Bryan M. Esparza|
• Book Review: The Survivalist's Daughter by Hazel Hart|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|